“Empowering Students, Businesses & Anti-trafficking Advocates” March 4 and 5, 2016 at Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Auburn Hills.Register now to reserve your spot. Student and group rates available.
- Empowering Students– Calling all high school and college students and those who teach and lead them. Come be empowered by iEmpathize who has been in classrooms and universities across the country inspiring young people with their message of empathy to end exploitation.
- Engaging your Campus– Gain tools and insights for funneling your knowledge and passion into effective ways to impact your peers, school, and community.
- Empowering Parents- We want to give parents the tools to help better protect their children from exploitation especially in the areas of internet and social media safety.
- Slavery Footprint– There are more slaves bought and sold today than at any point in human history. Discover your slavery footprint and learn ways you can insist that the clothes we wear, the food we eat, and the products we use are made free of forced labor.
- Engaging Businesses– Come learn how we can ensure the businesses we support as consumers, work for or own, are engaging in ethically responsible business practices.
- LARGE EVENT- Be inspired through short film, survivor testimony and inspiring words from the president and founder of iEmpathize, Brad Riley.
- Freedom Market Place– An opportunity to purchase products that promote ethical labor practices and support justice initiatives in the communities where they are made.
- The Apathy Effect Exhibit– A compelling mixed media narrative of modern day slavery led by iEmpathize.
- Freedom Coalition: Our purpose is to bring together experienced community advocates for a unified and comprehensive approach to address human trafficking in our area through prevention, awareness, victim rescue and restoration and specialized training. The coalition is administrated by the Michigan Abolitionist Project.
- iEmpathize: Our mission is to evoke empathy and empower people to eradicate child exploitation. We help people identify how and where they intersect with this issue and equip them with the tools and opportunities to respond.
1:30 PM: Registration, Exhibit & Freedom Marketplace Open
2 PM- Slavery Footprint
3 PM- Engaging Businesses, Empowering Parents
4 PM- Empowering Students
5 PM- Engaging Your Campus
7 – 8:30 PM- Large Event (Free)
9:30 AM: Registration, Exhibit & Freedom Marketplace Open
10 AM- Slavery Footprint
11 AM- Engaging Businesses, Empowering Parents
Noon- Empowering Students
1 PM- Engaging Your Campus
Come to one or all of the sessions!
Group Rate (10+) $5
For brochures, please contact MAP at email@example.com.