Community Educator Trainings
Stay tuned for 2013 dates.
We train businesses, schools, faith-based communities, medical professionals, social service agencies and other groups. Workshops are designed to help participants understand modern slavery and learn how to respond effectively within their context. Workshop length is 1.5 hours.
Contact us to request a workshop.
- Sex Slavery and Labor Trafficking in Michigan: Victim Identification, Response and Reporting
- Runaways and At Risk Youth in the U.S.A.
- Modern Slavery 101: Overview of Global Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Modern Slavery 201: Root Causes of Slavery and Community Development
- Corporate Responsibility: Addressing the Supply Chain
- Medical Professionals: Responding to Modern Slavery on the Job
- Addressing Pornography and Sexual Exploitation
- If you would like a customized workshop, please contact us for details.
Examples of groups we’ve trained: Boys and Girls Club of Grand Rapids, Spectrum Health, Cooley Law School, Grand Valley State University, Spring Arbor University, Kuyper College, Grandville Rotary Club, Grand Rapids Junior League, and various churches, K-12 schools, and conferences.
Abolitionists in Action
Looking for a Speaker?
Mandated Reporter Training for Child Abuse and Neglect
Through this training, participants will learn: the child protection law, responsibilities of mandated reporters, indicators of child abuse/neglect, what to do when a child discloses child abuse/neglect, and what Child Protective Services does once a report is received.
To sign up, visit www.familyfutures.net/